We marinate chicken breasts in coconut yoghurt and our own blend of Tandoori spices – paprika, turmeric, ginger, coriander and cumin.
The red cabbage and apple slaw makes a refreshing side.
Tandoori chicken, red cabbage and apple slaw
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person.
Macros: 587 calories • 59g carbs • 20g fat • 47g protein
- 150g red cabbage
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Mindful Chef Tandoori spice blend
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
- 40g spinach
- 80g brown rice
- 80ml coconut yoghurt
- Medium handful of fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
- Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins. In the last 2 mins of cooking, stir through the spinach leaves until wilted, then drain.
- Peel and grate or finely chop the garlic. In a bowl, mix half of the coconut yoghurt with the Tandoori spices, garlic, 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place the chicken in the bowl and stir to coat. Place the chicken on a baking tray or in an ovenproof dish in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw; very finely slice the red cabbage, removing the thick stalk. Grate the apple with the skin on, removing the core. Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Into a bowl, put the red cabbage, apple and coriander. Add half of the juice from the lemon and the remaining coconut yoghurt. Stir to combine and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice the Tandoori chicken. Place the Tandoori chicken on two warm plates, alongside the spinach brown rice and the red cabbage and apple slaw. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice to taste.